Skip to main content

Lookbook | Nicki Minaj x H&M


Happy New Year to all my readers and supporters! I love you guys so much and I just want to say thank you for your constant support and all the love you show me on every one of my social media platforms! Honestly, without you guys I wouldn’t have anyone I can share my love of God, clothes and life with! I just wanted to the take the time out and say thank you!!! 
This year I decided to throw out the whole resolution theme and stick with goal making! Accomplishing the goals that I set out to change my life and inspire others! Resolutions are like a diet, they never last long! You end up putting false hope in exasperated expectations. Then when you fail you end up just falling into a depression that you can’t get yourself out of! Listen, we don’t have time for that this year! This is our grace year, the year God has given us a chance to do 2017 over!
 So, let’s get it!!

This year one thing on my list is to truly embrace my style! For a while I felt like I kept being put in a box, this feeling came from people and my wallet! He he! I have decided this year nothing will hold me back! We are taking a leap of faith and diving into styles we were too nervous to try!! I’m ready are you?!?

Today I’m sharing this pretty cool look! Play on texture and colors! Very bold if I do say so myself! I paired my cross weave sweater with a pleated black skirt and bold red pumps!

In the past I would have felt like this look hid my curves and made me look bigger than what I am. However, I love the play of the knit with pleats. It adds on to what usually would be an everyday look into a cool, yet chic city girl outfit of the day! The knit sweater woven detail on the arms is what caught my attention when I was shopping! I love details. As a designer, it is certainly something I strive for in my own designs. Even the most simplest pieces have to have a little extra something to make it that much more interesting. Another reason why I opted for a pleated skirt verses a regular simple circle skirt.

My pleated skirt is actually a signature piece from the Nicki Minaj Holiday Collection Collaboration she did with H&M. I love the look and feel of this skirt and the fact that it actually stops at a great level for me!

 Too many times I’ve found skirts that either stop way too high or way too low. Making me either expose my booty or look like old school church grandmas (Although they are fly) I would rather not look like that. I love that she also incorporated her color pink and her hip hop aesthetic in the collection as well! Below I have linked some of my favorite pieces from her collection and ways to wear it, so feel free to shop!! 







Look 1 

Kimono - Nicki Minaj x H&M
High Low Tied Mini Dress - Zaful 
Isabel Marant Dansley Cropped Pants - Net A Porter
Rabbit Felt Fedora - Maison Michel 
Remi Bootie  - Designed by Micheal Kors for Jildorshoes.com



Look 2

Darted Dress - Nicki Minaj x H&M
Olympia Le- Tan -TheWebster.Us
Balmain Acacia Gold - Forzieri.com
Gucci Padlock Gigi Supreme - MatchesFashion.com







Look 3
Crop Top - Nicki Minaj x H&M
Garbo Faux Fur Coat - nililotan.com
Faux Suede Mini Skirt - Gamiss.com
Stella McCartney Metallic Shoes - Net A Porter
Faux Leather Drawstring - Romwe.com





Look 4 
Pink Embroderied Hoodie - Nicki Minaj x H&M
Winsome Red Grid Coat - ChicWish.com
Esme Vie Anise Trouser - Modaoperaandi.com
Schutz Makayla Boot - Revolve.com
Patched Studded Shoulder Bag - Romwe.com 





Photos by @bey.manuel
 Be sure to sign up to our email list to 
stay up to date with the latest styling how to's, tips and tricks.
Follow Me On InstagramTwitterFacebook
Hugs & Love - Jseivad 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Ankle Boots You Must Try

For the past well let's say a month in a half,  I have been back and forth between online and in-store looking for the perfect ankle boot. Specifically because all I currently have in my closet are heels. Boots with heels, stilettos, pumps, etc and the only flat shoe I have are my running and training sneakers. Definitely, can't wear that to work. So, you can see my feet has been crying for a relief.

Inspiration | A Battle that Has Already Won

Last week was the week I got a call saying my friend was in the hospital. For me I didn't receive it because it was on a Wednesday See Wednesday is the day that we go to Healing Ministry so in my mind thats what she was doing. Healing Ministry is something Aeisha started in order to share her testimony of how God is healing her with other patients that are going through what she is going through. Which is why I didn't think anything of it when my friend Afiya, told me over the phone. I had originally called Afiya to check on her and my future Godson. She was due to deliver very very soon. I so can't wait to see my Godson.

Lookbook | Dresslily x Jseivad

Layering in a new one. Sometimes the most fabulous items aren't the most partical. So, you have to get a bit creative on those things. This is not to say I don't love it, it just means you have to get a little uncomfortable in a great way.