Skip to main content

Summer Skater


Skater dresses has been a must have item for every girl this past year. I've seen so many variations that often too many times they began to look a like. I adore the look, but I wanted something different then what was out there. Of course, you know I had to make my own. 

I decided to use the left over fabric I had from my maxi dress I made, which I posted about early on this season; Summer Leaves (Take a look)


I created a simple skirt bottom using my sisters skater dress she bought from H&M. Then I decided to drape the bodice, because like I said before I wanted something different. I asked my mannequin, "Mannequin what should I do" and it told me. I gave the front a cross bodice. Picture making an X with the fabric on your chest. Having more fabric on the bottom than the top. I sewed the bottom on to the skirt waist and sewed the shoulders. This ended up creating a great look and cute cut out on the sides. 

I truly love this dress. It is fun, flirty and trendy!!!



Accessories on Deck 
Green Single Sole heels from Zara
Blue Bag from H&M
Christina Link Bracelet from Stella & Dot
Deco Drop Earrings from Stella & Dot

Follow me on Instagram to smile, laugh, style and join me in all my adventures.



Inspirational Message of the Day

" Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." -Bill Cosby

Photo Credit : Collins Nai  @Collinssnaps

Comments

  1. Love the colours and the print. Very pretty :)

    www.sunsetdesires.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just check your blog as well so cute. Love your yellow pastel dress espeially.
      Keep up the great work.

      With Style,
      Jseivad

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sporty Cardigan

There is such a thing as cute and comfortable. On days when you don't know what to wear or you want to be comfortable but you think comfortable is sweatpants and a t-shirt. Well i have some news for you. That is a total lie!

How to Style // Highwaist Pants

How many of you ladies still have pooch trouble. You know "pooch", it's the daunting bottom of your midsection area that is not always visible unless your wearing something formfitting. It's the little area that if you could just slide it off you would be able to have the six pack you always wanted. Luckily, there are several  clothing that can camouflage this section while it's still under construction. Even if it's not under construction it is great to have a pair of items that flatters rather than gather.

Woman with Faith

Faith. Faith is what people have the hardest time with. One day we feel like we can conquer the world, the next day we feel like things can't get any worst. Should faith really be this up and down battle? Can you have a continuous  level of faith or are we forever trap by this up and down motion?